Friday night organic chocolate cake
Friday Night Chocolate Cake
This delicious organic chocolate cake is the perfect compliment to a busy week. Start the weekend off right
- 1 & 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup organic chocolate powder from uniqueorganicchocolate.com
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 Grease and flour two 9-inch baking pans (or line with parchment paper circles) and set aside.
- In the large bowl of a standing mixer, stir together flour, sugar, organic cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract and beat until smooth (about 3 minutes). Remove bowl from mixer and stir in hot coffee with a rubber Batter will be very runny.
- Pour batter evenly between the two pans and bake on middle rack of oven for about 35 minutes, until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean with just a few moist crumbs
- Allow to cool 15 minutes in pans, then run a butter knife around the edges of each cake. Place a wire cooling rack over top of each pan. Wearing oven mitts, use both hands to hold the racks in place while flipping the cakes over onto the Set the racks down and gently thump on the bottom of the pans until the cakes release. Cool completely before handling or frosting.
Let us know what you think firstname.lastname@example.org